Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
topcat topcat is offline

Default verticle text

In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Do you mean:

or a test box that's rotated so that you have to tilt your head to read it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
topcat topcat is offline

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

is what i want to do
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To make your text VERTICAL like that, either drag the sides of the
text box very close together, or set the margins of the paragraph very
close together (either using the triangles up in the ruler, or in the
Format Paragraph pane).

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

is what i want to do-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
topcat topcat is offline

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

is what i want to do-

After inserting a text box and placing text in it is there a way to remove
the text box outline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Topcat,

If you're using a text box for this, right click on the Textbox frame and in Format Textbox change the line color to 'no line'
=====
"topcat" wrote in message ...

After inserting a text box and placing text in it is there a way to remove
the text box outline?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

is what i want to do-

After inserting a text box and placing text in it is there a way to remove
the text box outline?

Yes,

Right click on it, and there you can format it any way you
might wish. You can make the border white, for example.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
topcat topcat is offline

"topcat" wrote in message ...

After inserting a text box and placing text in it is there a way to remove
the text box outline?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Many thanks! This is exactly what I needed to know.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

? White? Does 2007 no longer offer the option of NONE for color of
graphic items?

BTW I wasn't referring particularly to inserting a text box, just to
dragging the walls of the existing text-container. Moving the margins
is better for a vertiCAL bit in the middle of a text.

"topcat" wrote in message
In word 2007 how do I set to create text verticle?

is what i want to do-

After inserting a text box and placing text in it is there a way to remove
the text box outline?

Yes,

Right click on it, and there you can format it any way you
might wish. You can make the border white, for example.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

On Sun, 11 May 2008 20:42:41 -0700 (PDT), grammatim
wrote:

? White? Does 2007 no longer offer the option of NONE for color of
graphic items?

BTW I wasn't referring particularly to inserting a text box, just to
dragging the walls of the existing text-container. Moving the margins
is better for a vertiCAL bit in the middle of a text.

Howdy,

I was in 2002, but that also has a "none" option...

I was trying (poorly) to convey that one could do anything
they wanted with the visibility of the box.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

verticle FONT?? ++++Jack++++ New Users 2 April 16th 06 06:55 PM
verticle ruler norm541 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 05 11:13 PM
How do I get rid of a verticle line in a template? Gldn Page Layout 1 June 18th 05 02:27 PM
How can I make locked verticle text? Luke Page Layout 1 February 28th 05 07:53 PM
verticle lines ray9257 Page Layout 4 January 26th 05 03:17 AM