Dermot

Default How can I open a file extension .CWK

I think this came from an apple computer applications....and I think it is a
text document...can anyone suggest how I might open it.
I am not even sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this...I
selected it as I thought it was a text document.

Thanks
Dermot
Daiya Mitchell

Assuming it's been created relatively recently, it is an AppleWorks file,
which is a Mac-only word processing/spreadsheet/drawing application.

Using File | Open inside Word with Recover Text From Any File set in the
Open dialog I *think* will get you the text, if not formatted as in the
original. Otherwise you will have to ask the creator to save it as RTF so
that you can open it.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Dermot

Hi Daiya,
Thanks for your very quick reply.
As you explained I mangaed to recover the text, from inside Word, but all
the formatting was as you said...lost.
Thanks
Dermot

On 2/5/05 5:35 PM, "Dermot" wrote:

I think this came from an apple computer applications....and I think it is a
text document...can anyone suggest how I might open it.
I am not even sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this...I
selected it as I thought it was a text document.

Thanks
Dermot

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Daiya Mitchell

There might be third-party software that would convert it with the
formatting, but nothing free or within Word. Not WinWord anyhow, my MacWord
appears to open AppleWorks documents okay. Sorry, I guess I could have
suggested trying File | Open alone (without Recover Text from any File set),
but I think it's been tried and failed by others.

Daiya

On 2/5/05 5:35 PM, "Dermot" wrote:

I think this came from an apple computer applications....and I think it is a
text document...can anyone suggest how I might open it.
I am not even sure if this is the correct newsgroup to post this...I
selected it as I thought it was a text document.

Thanks
Dermot

Dermot

Hi Daiya,
I tried, File | Open alone , as you suggested.....but the results are just
the same....unformatted with random character errors....but readable.
Thanks
Dermot