Adam

Default Cannot see entries after I move normal.dot from 2002 to 2003

I did exactly what I have done on all my workstations that have Office XP
(2002). However, the one workstation that has 2003 does not seem to take the
normal.dot from the other machines. I copy the template and placed it into
all the directories on the 2003 machine that house the template. However, the
information does not show when I try to use AutoText. Any suggestions??
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 14:53:02 -0800, "Adam"
wrote:

I did exactly what I have done on all my workstations that have Office XP
(2002). However, the one workstation that has 2003 does not seem to take the
normal.dot from the other machines. I copy the template and placed it into
all the directories on the 2003 machine that house the template. However, the
information does not show when I try to use AutoText. Any suggestions??

Use the Organizer (Tools Templates & Add-Ins Organizer) to copy
the autotext from the "incoming" template to the current normal.dot.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Graham Mayor

There is no reason why a Word 2002 normal.dot template will not work with
Word 2003. The implication therefore is that you have placed it in the wrong
folder. It should be in the folder defined in tools options file
locations user templates. There will be a (hidden) default normal.dot file
already in this folder. However it is probably safer to use the method
suggested by Jay.