KbdMan

Default How do I select AutoCorrect Options without using the mouse?

When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I select an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

garfield-n-odie

Alt+Backspace.

KbdMan wrote:

When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I select an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

Anne Troy

Ctrl+Z
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"KbdMan" wrote in message
news
When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my

hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I select

an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

KbdMan

That works. However I was hoping for a way to select something from the menu
(for example when I paste something with ^V, I want to be able to select the
paste options)

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Alt+Backspace.

KbdMan wrote:

When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I select an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

You can access all menus using Alt+x, where x represents the underlined
character of the command. So, for example, to get to Edit | Paste Special,
you would use Alt+E, S. In dialogs you can usually Tab from one button to
another (press Enter to "click" the button), and buttons with underlined
characters can be "clicked" using Alt+underlined character. Items in list
boxes (such as the one in the Paste Special dialog) can be navigated using
the up and down arrow keys.

"KbdMan" wrote in message
That works. However I was hoping for a way to select something from the

menu
(for example when I paste something with ^V, I want to be able to select

the
paste options)

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Alt+Backspace.

KbdMan wrote:

When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my

hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I

select an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

KbdMan

The menu I need is not on the main menu. It is the popup menu that appears
when you move the mouse pointer over the smart-tag icon or the paste options
or auto correct options.

"KbdMan" wrote in message
That works. However I was hoping for a way to select something from the

menu
(for example when I paste something with ^V, I want to be able to select

the
paste options)

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Alt+Backspace.

KbdMan wrote:

When I need to undo an auto-correct, I really do not want to remove my

hands
from the keyboard and select an option with the mouse. How can I

select an
option for AutoCorrect using only the keyboard?

If you have to wave the mouse over the button to get the menu, then you
might as well use the mouse to select from the menu. Once the menu is open,
however, you can use the arrow keys to highlight an item and Enter to select
it. I haven't discovered any way to access the menu via the keyboard; the
context menu key on a Windows keyboard will not do this. If you are using
Word 2003, you can select how graphics will be pasted (Tools | Options |
Edit), and you can select some other pasting options.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can access all menus using Alt+x, where x represents the underlined
character of the command. So, for example, to get to Edit | Paste

Special,
you would use Alt+E, S. In dialogs you can usually Tab from one button

another (press Enter to "click" the button), and buttons with underlined
characters can be "clicked" using Alt+underlined character. Items in

list
boxes (such as the one in the Paste Special dialog) can be navigated

using
the up and down arrow keys.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"KbdMan" wrote in message
That works. However I was hoping for a way to select something from

the
menu
(for example when I paste something with ^V, I want to be able to

select
the
paste options)

"garfield-n-odie" wrote: