Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DZuber

Default AutoCorrect file transfer

I had to reinstall Windows on my hard drive. First I cloned the entire hard
drive to a removable hard drive. Now I'd like to move my AutoCorrect
information from that removable hard drive to my main hard drive. All of the
instructions I have seen for transferring this information appear to assume
that you are able to use the computer that the original AutoCorrect
information is on. Is there a way to transfer this information from my cloned
hard drive to my computer? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RFp1YmVy?=,

I had to reinstall Windows on my hard drive. First I cloned the entire hard
drive to a removable hard drive. Now I'd like to move my AutoCorrect
information from that removable hard drive to my main hard drive. All of the
instructions I have seen for transferring this information appear to assume
that you are able to use the computer that the original AutoCorrect
information is on. Is there a way to transfer this information from my cloned
hard drive to my computer?

I don't know what information you've seen...

1. Standard AutoCorrect entries are located in *.acl files, usually User Profile
specific

2. Formatted AutoCorrect (Word only) entries are located in the Normal.dot
template.

Theoretically, you should be able to pick up both of these files. The second
should work under all circumstances (as long as Normal.dot isn't damaged). The
ACL files are finicky about the profile name, so you have to be sure the profile
is set up the same on the new machine.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DZuber

Thanks Cindy. I accidentally posted the question twice so there are two
threads. I copied my normal.dot template and my MSO1033.acl from my backup to
my main hard drive. Now AutoCorrect seems to be working as it should. I
appreciate your help!

Hi ?B?RFp1YmVy?=,