need more help for creating documents.

Default how do I restore word?

can't open email, can't open documents, can't create documents....what do I do?

If you double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, does Word still
open it? If so, then you haven't lost Word, just the shortcut you used to
start it. Use Windows Find/Search to search for Winword.exe (you'll probably
have to tell it to search for hidden and system files and folders). When you
have found it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut, then drag the
shortcut to your desktop, Start Menu, or Quick Launch bar.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
can't open email, can't open documents, can't create documents....what do

I do?

need more help for creating documents.

windows explorer won't even open up without word trying to open too....I
tried making new shortcut to desktop for winword.exe...but word still tries
to open up but only error messages like can't read language and then missing
files, and then I put my microsoft office xp professional disc in and it
won't read that either...still need help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, does Word still
open it? If so, then you haven't lost Word, just the shortcut you used to
start it. Use Windows Find/Search to search for Winword.exe (you'll probably
have to tell it to search for hidden and system files and folders). When you
have found it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut, then drag the
shortcut to your desktop, Start Menu, or Quick Launch bar.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
can't open email, can't open documents, can't create documents....what do

I do?

Doug Robbins

1.. On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
2.. Enter the path to Word, such as C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Winword.exe, or click Browse to locate it.
3.. At the end of the path, type a space, and then type a startup switch.
First try /safe to start Word in Office Safe Mode

or /a to start it without any Global Templates (including the Normal
Template) from being loaded automatically.

If this works, it points to some corruption of the Normal template which you
will find in C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates. Rename that template to normal.old and then try
and start Word normally.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, does Word
still
open it? If so, then you haven't lost Word, just the shortcut you used to
start it. Use Windows Find/Search to search for Winword.exe (you'll
probably
have to tell it to search for hidden and system files and folders). When
you
have found it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut, then drag the
shortcut to your desktop, Start Menu, or Quick Launch bar.

so
all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
can't open email, can't open documents, can't create documents....what
do

I do?

need more help for creating documents.

hi doug....I renamed the template as you said to normal.old...and it worked,
but now what do I do...I am able to open word up and it runs properly...but I
still can't pass the msn hotmail login...it keeps telling me that the page is
expired....hahaha...what next, sigh!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, does Word
still
open it? If so, then you haven't lost Word, just the shortcut you used to
start it. Use Windows Find/Search to search for Winword.exe (you'll
probably
have to tell it to search for hidden and system files and folders). When
you
have found it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut, then drag the
shortcut to your desktop, Start Menu, or Quick Launch bar.

so
all may benefit.

"need more help for creating documents."
osoft.com wrote in
message ...
can't open email, can't open documents, can't create documents....what
do
I do?

Doug Robbins

Can't help with Hotmail. It has nothing to do with Word.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you double-click on a Word document in Windows Explorer, does Word
still
open it? If so, then you haven't lost Word, just the shortcut you used
start it. Use Windows Find/Search to search for Winword.exe (you'll
probably
have to tell it to search for hidden and system files and folders).
When
you
have found it, right-click and choose Create Shortcut, then drag the
shortcut to your desktop, Start Menu, or Quick Launch bar.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.