Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hesitant

Default Run Office 2007 and 2003 on same machine?

I am running office 2003 and am considering downloading the beta 2 of 2007.
Can I have both versions on my machine at the same time. If 2007 doesn't work
out for me, will I have to reload 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

I would not advise doing this. 2007 is in beta for a reason. You can't have
Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003. Setting up different users may help, but I
wouldn't count on it. I have a machine with dual-boot in Windows XP-64 and
Windows XP. Separate boot drives, separate users. I still got some
interference with Outlook 2003 running under Windows XP-64 when I installed
Office 2007 under Windows XP.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Hesitant" wrote in message
news
I am running office 2003 and am considering downloading the beta 2 of 2007.
Can I have both versions on my machine at the same time. If 2007 doesn't
work
out for me, will I have to reload 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hesitant

?n the machine I am wanting to use I don't use Outlook. Can I download Office
2007 without Outlook. I am mainly interested in Powerpoint, Excel and Word
and web page creation.

Thanks

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I would not advise doing this. 2007 is in beta for a reason. You can't have
Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003. Setting up different users may help, but I
wouldn't count on it. I have a machine with dual-boot in Windows XP-64 and
Windows XP. Separate boot drives, separate users. I still got some
interference with Outlook 2003 running under Windows XP-64 when I installed
Office 2007 under Windows XP.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Hesitant" wrote in message
news
I am running office 2003 and am considering downloading the beta 2 of 2007.
Can I have both versions on my machine at the same time. If 2007 doesn't
work
out for me, will I have to reload 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Yes, you can download everything but Outlook, but be advised that it could
make changes to your 2003 version of Word. When I downloaded it and ran it,
I lost all of my customizations and customized toolbars.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

I would not advise doing this. 2007 is in beta for a reason. You can't have
Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2003. Setting up different users may help, but I
wouldn't count on it. I have a machine with dual-boot in Windows XP-64 and
Windows XP. Separate boot drives, separate users. I still got some
interference with Outlook 2003 running under Windows XP-64 when I installed
Office 2007 under Windows XP.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.