Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
e125 e125 is offline

Default Open a Second Copy of the Current Document

Using Word 2003, is it possible to open a second copy of the same document? I
have two monitors and would like to consult different parts of the same
document. Is there also a way to keep these documens synced so that changes
to the original immediately save to the copy?

Any suggestions in achieving this would be much appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Yes. Use File | Open | Open as Copy, then Window | Compare Side by Side
With. By default, scrolling is synchronous, but there is a little floating
toolbar that allows you to choose. I don't think changes are propagated,
though.

news