Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Please help! Please help! is offline

Default Disappearing logo when I ask word to change the footer in the firs

I am experiencing problems in this word document. I'll try to explain the
steps I take before my error occurs the best as I can.

- Open word document that has our office's information as a (background?) on
the left margin of the document, the wording appears vertical and is grayed
out.

- Open Headers and Footers Toolbar

- Go to Page Setup

- Layout Tab

- Headers and Footers

- Click on Different First Page

and bam the company's information disappears on the first page to only show
up on the second, third, etc. Additionally, when I tick the odd and even
pages (under headers and footers toolbar), the first page logo appears, but
not on the second page. This is totally perplexing.

If someone can help me on this matter it would be most appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A Word document has (potentially) three headers and three footers. If you
use section breaks to add sections, then each section has up to three
headers and footers, but it sounds like you only have one section. From here
on I'll talk about headers, but bear in mind that the same discussion
applies, separately, to footers also.

- When the page setup has neither "Different first page" nor "Different odd
and even" turned on, the header you see is the "Primary" header, and the
other two headers are hidden. Word doesn't tell you it's the primary header;
the label in the corner just says "Header".

- When you turn on only "Different first page", the "First Page" header
appears on page 1 and the "Primary" header appears on all the other pages.
That's what's happening to your company information -- it's attached to the
Primary header, so it starts appearing on page 2. What you need to do is go
to that header, cut the information to the clipboard (leaving the Primary
header empty), then go to the First Page header and paste it there. If you
want, you can now put other stuff, such as a page number, in the Primary
header.

- When you turn on only "Different odd and even", the header you see on page
1, page 3, and so forth is the Primary header (now labeled as the "Odd Page"
header); the header you see on page 2, page 4, and so forth is the Even Page
header. Since the company information is attached to the Primary (now First
Page) header, you see it there but not on page 2.

- When you turn on both "Different first page" and "Different odd and even",
the header on page 1 is the First Page header; the one on pages 2, 4, etc.
is the Even Page header; and the one on pages 3, 5, etc. is the Primary (Odd
Page) header. You probably haven't seen that setup yet!

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Please help! wrote:
I am experiencing problems in this word document. I'll try to
explain the steps I take before my error occurs the best as I can.

- Open word document that has our office's information as a
(background?) on the left margin of the document, the wording appears
vertical and is grayed out.

- Open Headers and Footers Toolbar

- Go to Page Setup

- Layout Tab

- Headers and Footers

- Click on Different First Page

and bam the company's information disappears on the first page to
only show up on the second, third, etc. Additionally, when I tick
the odd and even pages (under headers and footers toolbar), the first
page logo appears, but not on the second page. This is totally
perplexing.

If someone can help me on this matter it would be most appreciated.

header and footer company logo causes word to open slowly PDiddy Microsoft Word Help 8 June 16th 08 02:52 PM
Logo in the Footer Nono Page Layout 1 March 8th 07 03:42 PM
Repeat Logo in Footer ChrisK Formatting Long Documents 4 January 4th 06 01:09 PM
How do i take of the block of Word to run the program for the firs Eduardo Flores Microsoft Word Help 1 June 22nd 05 04:28 AM
I want a *.dot file in Word with Header (logo) and Footer (addres. [email protected] Page Layout 7 March 3rd 05 02:55 PM