Porgy

Default Follow up to Space b/w Tables

Part of the problem seems to be that I can't get my cursor our of the
preceding table. With enter, it lengthens the row height. Sometimes the
cursor hugs the outside border of the table. But I can't get the cursor to
move past the table into the large empty space at the bottom of the page. By
the way the cursor is not a normal one, it has a small square of little lines
next to it. The only time the cursor acts normally if i proceed to the next
page. But then again, there is some sort of invisible barrier and whenever I
type something, the paragraph skips down a few inches. The table I have been
using is bascially a two row table with nested table inside each row. Then
copied the larger table over and over. Everything worked until now. Any
suggestions.

Thanks

The cursor sounds as if it might be the Click and Type cursor. Try disabling
Click and Type on the Edit tab of Tools | Options. And display nonprinting
characters (Ctrl+*) so that you can see the paragraph following the table in
order to click in it.

If you have a large empty space at the bottom of a page, it's generally
because Word has inserted a soft page break, and that is probably because
whatever has moved to the next page is being stuck together with "Keep with
next" or similar commands. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm