Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default Symbol translation

I have a long Word 07 document that has changed itself into symbols. Is there
a way that I can transfer these symbols back into conventional English?

Here are two portions of the document:

00020201)0ÈÅAÃMÓPZÏÔTÏÒAÉÇÎ]ÆPKÓ®0F

10000201a0ÅØ'nÙÅÌÌÏ×GÃÈÏÏÌ6'"Å" 0ff

ÔÕÒÎGÔÉÌÅ 6 X ò0ïìö-Oó^)ğìåSîô,¬Vtbyë.óbïOôô(ämôó¬r[
åpéòe bïpaôtó® ÒÅÆÒÅÓÈÍÅÎÔ6ÏÏÔÈ

Thanks,

Mal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Mal -

While your cursor is in these paragraphs, check to see what Font you are
using. It looks like you ended up in a Greek font. Try selecting the
paragraph and then select Arial or Times New Roman and see what you get.

Good Luck.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Mal" wrote in message
:

I have a long Word 07 document that has changed itself into symbols. Is there
a way that I can transfer these symbols back into conventional English?

Here are two portions of the document:

00020201)0AMPZTA]PKӮ0F

10000201a0'nG6'"" 0ff

G 6 X 0-O^)S,Vtby.bO(mr[
pe bpat 6

Thanks,

Mal

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/29/2007 1:32 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Dawn, thanks for your reply.

I had already done this, and the symbols remained the same (but appeared in
the designated font as Arial, Times, etc.).

Mal

"Mal" wrote:

I have a long Word 07 document that has changed itself into symbols. Is there
a way that I can transfer these symbols back into conventional English?

Here are two portions of the document:

00020201)0ÈÅAÃMÓPZÏÔTÏÒAÉÇÎ]ÆPKÓ®0F

10000201a0ÅØ'nÙÅÌÌÏ×GÃÈÏÏÌ6'"Å" 0ff

ÔÕÒÎGÔÉÌÅ 6 X ò0ïìö-Oó^)ğìåSîô,¬Vtbyë.óbïOôô(ämôó¬r[
åpéòe bïpaôtó® ÒÅÆÒÅÓÈÍÅÎÔ6ÏÏÔÈ

Thanks,

Mal

Can I add a custom symbol to the symbol list in word? Tim Microsoft Word Help 4 May 2nd 23 08:49 PM
Translation pcis Microsoft Word Help 4 December 23rd 06 06:28 AM
How do I replace a 'symbol' with another 'symbol' in a large text chillertwist25 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 30th 06 01:39 PM
translation matimus Microsoft Word Help 4 December 26th 05 09:40 PM
Translation Adelaar Page Layout 1 July 9th 05 09:20 PM