Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bnmseven bnmseven is offline

Default How do I move the line above footnotes from center to left?

The line that automatically appears above footnotes is centered now--it used
to appear to the left, as it is supposed to. How do I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word 2003... View - Normal. View - Footnotes. Set the Dropdown to
Footnote Separator, then click Ctrl+L (left align).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"bnmseven" wrote in message
The line that automatically appears above footnotes is centered now--it
used
to appear to the left, as it is supposed to. How do I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bnmseven bnmseven is offline

Does this work for Word 2007 as well?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Same concept... different procedu

Click the Draft icon (status bar or View ribbon tab)

Click Show Notes (References tab)

....and from there, in the Footnote pane, drop down the control at the top of
the pane to Footnote Separator. Click Ctrl+L, then return to Print Layout
view to exit the footnote pane.

--

"bnmseven" wrote in message
Does this work for Word 2007 as well?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

To add to what Herb has said, if you're seeing the Footnote Separator
centered, the likely cause is that you have centered the Normal style (on
which it is based)--not a good idea. Also, if Ctrl+L doesn't fix it, it
could be that you've applied a first-line indent to the Normal style, and
you'll need to remove that from the separator. What I find frustrating in
Word 2003 (it may be different in Word 2007) is that you can't use the ruler
to handle indents and tabs in the footnote pane.

"bnmseven" wrote in message
Does this work for Word 2007 as well?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It's the same in 2007, however if you are working in Print Layout view, tabs
you set from the ruler are active in the footnote. The separator is only
available from normal view

"bnmseven" wrote in message
Does this work for Word 2007 as well?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

from normal view

Which has been rename Draft view in Word 2007...

See how Microsoft is helping us fight Alzheimer's by keeping our brain cells
active? ;-)