Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry G Larry G is offline

Default Slashed Zero Special Character

How can I print a zero, with a slash through it, in a Word document? I'm
printing a mix of characters for passwords, etc., and sometimes the normal
zero character gets mistaken for the letter O. I've searched the various
fonts, but I can't find the slashed zero character.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may be referring to the letter O with slash through it, which some
people use for a zero, which is fine until it's involved in
calculations!

"Larry G" wrote:
How can I print a zero, with a slash through it, in a Word document? I'm
printing a mix of characters for passwords, etc., and sometimes the normal
zero character gets mistaken for the letter O. I've searched the various
fonts, but I can't find the slashed zero character.- Hide quoted text -

Wayne Mincey Wayne Mincey is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry G View Post
How can I print a zero, with a slash through it, in a Word document? I'm
printing a mix of characters for passwords, etc., and sometimes the normal
zero character gets mistaken for the letter O. I've searched the various
fonts, but I can't find the slashed zero character.
The font Consolas (which is available in Microsoft Word 2003) places a slash in the zero.