jacobk

Default Index layout problem

I've created an index with 2 columns and a letter heading.
I've modified the index heading style with a font of 24pts.
The problem is, that some letter headings indent on different places and I
can't get it right.
Sample:

A K
Amsterdam Kitchen
Argentinia Know
Krakau
Boston L
Bristol Lawn
Brighton Liverpool
London
C Luton
Charles Lustrum
Chicago

In this sample the letters 'C' and 'L' are indented.
What I try, nothing helps.

Also I have a little problem with the TOC.
The TOC is about 3 pages long, but on the first page it breaks on the half
of the page.

Does anyone know this problem ?
Or has someone a solution for this ?

Thanks for help,

Greetz,

JacobK.

katin42

You might try allowing for more space in your margin settings, because no
matter what is applied. It sounds like you don't have enough space allotted
in the page layout. If necessary, experiment with the Landscape format, in
printer settings.