Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.newusers
dwy

Default Error Message -- Word97 for WinXP??

"NYC XYZ" wrote:

Hi, All:

I was doing the Word97 (Small Business Edition) set-up on WindowsXP
(Home Edition, with SP2) when towards the end of the installation I get
the error message "! Htmlmqrq.ocx was unable to register itself in the
system registry" with no option to go further.

What does that mean???

Now Word does seem available, despite the aborted installation, only
its icon is nowhere to be found, but I have to access it through
actually opening up a text document, even one created in WordPad
(though not the ones made by Notepad).

I have a "clean" computer, almost nothing else installed save Firefox.

Please advise!!!!

TIA!