Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Default Mail

I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending Email
direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Take a look in the Sent Items folder in Outlook (not Outlook Express). If
you have an email account configured in Outlook, it might be there.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending Email
direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and its
not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Thanks for the suggestion Doug but its not there. I do not use outlook but
checked anyway. I know they got to the destination but need to have record
copy here.
SG

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending Email
direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and its
not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

In Outlook Express, under ToolsOptionsSend, is the box checked for "Save a
copy in the Sent Items folder"?

--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending Email
direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and its
not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Yes it is checked. All outgoing mail is saved "in OE6" properly EXCEPT for
the ones sent DIRECTLY from MSWORD program. Also its checked in outlook but
no activity there which is what I expect as I do not use it. I suspect there
is someplace in Word to set this but can't find it.Wondering if word even
uses a different email program to send mail or simply handles it internally.
SG

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and
its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I use Outlook for email and if I use FileSend ToMail Recipient (as
Attachment)..., the email message and its attachment appear in the Sent
Items folder in Outlook.

--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and
its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Thank you Doug, That works for me although it still doesn't explain what is
going on. What I was doing was opening the form I have which I got from a
club, then to send it I clicked on a box just above the to box which reads
"send this form now" That got it out with no file copy, your way gets a file
copy in IE6 just where I want it "sent folder".
Thanks again
Shakey

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and
its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

When a macro is used to send something, you can control whether a copy of it
is retained in the Sent Items folder. I believe that this was the first
time that you mentioned how it was being sent.

--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK but
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client and
its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

Doug I have no idea what is going on as there are no macro's listed in my
word. it something I have not used and apparently this form did not install
any. Thanks to you I have a way to do what I need.
Shakey

"shakey" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion Doug but its not there. I do not use
outlook but checked anyway. I know they got to the destination but
need to have record copy here.
SG
Take a look in the Sent Items folder in Outlook (not Outlook
Express). If you have an email account configured in Outlook, it
might be there.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK
but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client
and its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you "clicked on a box just above the to box which reads "send this form
now" " and that sent the form, there HAS to be some code running.

--

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK
but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client
and its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shakey

I would think so myself But I have no macro's listed. I can now save it so
really do not care why except for my morbid curiosity. Enclosed as
attachment if you are curious for your own future programming.
thanks
Shakey

"shakey" wrote in message
I have a new form in word which I can fill in and it gets sent OK
but I
cannot find where a copy is filed. This is my first use of
sending
Email direct from word.
I am using word 2000 on a XP machine with OE6 as my email client
and its not
in my OE6 sent box.
HELP please.
SG

Attached Files
File Type: doc AwardCert emailable.doc (46.9 KB, 84 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I can confirm that the document triggers no macro warnings and contains no
macros, but an email header does appear (slightly after the document is
opened). I know nothing about XML, but viewing it with the Script Editor
suggests that something is going on in the XML of the doc.

"shakey" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestion Doug but its not there. I do not use
outlook but checked anyway. I know they got to the destination

but
need to have record copy here.
SG
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote in