Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stripedfrog via OfficeKB.com

Default Mail Merge-State Missing from Address

Creating a Mail merge for a letter.

When I import the contact information from excel, everything comes in except
for the state. The state is in its own column titled state/province.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz

It sounds like you used the Address Block link to insert the fields and the
field name in your data file does not 'map' to the field name Word is looking
for, so the data from that column is not being included. In order for Word to
include a field, names must match unless you insert the field directly
(rather than clicking "Address Block", for example).

You can go to the 4th step of the Mail Merge Task Pane, click the 'More
Items' link, then click the Match Felds button. Use the State dropdown list
to select State/Province.

Or, you can delete the State field from your form document & use the Step
#4-More Items to insert your State/Province field in it's place. This is the
less desirable choice if you _did_ use the Address Block link.

HTH |:)

"stripedfrog via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Creating a Mail merge for a letter.

When I import the contact information from excel, everything comes in except
for the state. The state is in its own column titled state/province.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
pca

You need to "match" your field name with the default Word field name.

On the insert address block window click Match Fields (lower left
corner)
Click the box next to the word State and choose state/province from the
drop down menu

stripedfrog via OfficeKB.com wrote:
Creating a Mail merge for a letter.

When I import the contact information from excel, everything comes in except
for the state. The state is in its own column titled state/province.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Others have suggested editing the Addressblock field. Better still avoid
that field altogether and simply insert the individual fields that you want
where you want them. See
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm which shows how.