Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maren

Default How do I set a specific style during copy and paste?

When I copy and paste into a word document from any other document (e.g.
another word document or a website) the copied text always comes out in its
original style - rather than looking like the pasted-into document. Sometimes
the text format of the copied material even changes around the rest of the
pasted-into document. Is there a way of making everything I copy into a
certain document appear in the font settings active in the pasted-into
document, rather than in the style of the original copied-from source?
(Evidently I care about how the pasted into document looks like, rather than
how the source I copied from is formatted...) And how do I stop the format of
the copied stuff from affecting the style of the document I paste into?
Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Maren,

Choose Edit | Paste Special... | Unformatted text.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Maren" wrote:

When I copy and paste into a word document from any other document (e.g.
another word document or a website) the copied text always comes out in its
original style - rather than looking like the pasted-into document. Sometimes
the text format of the copied material even changes around the rest of the
pasted-into document. Is there a way of making everything I copy into a
certain document appear in the font settings active in the pasted-into
document, rather than in the style of the original copied-from source?
(Evidently I care about how the pasted into document looks like, rather than
how the source I copied from is formatted...) And how do I stop the format of
the copied stuff from affecting the style of the document I paste into?
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard

If you place your cursor directly before or after text in the document you
want to paste into the pasted text will take on the document pasted into text
format.

Hope this helps.
--
Richard

"Maren" wrote:

When I copy and paste into a word document from any other document (e.g.
another word document or a website) the copied text always comes out in its
original style - rather than looking like the pasted-into document. Sometimes
the text format of the copied material even changes around the rest of the
pasted-into document. Is there a way of making everything I copy into a
certain document appear in the font settings active in the pasted-into
document, rather than in the style of the original copied-from source?
(Evidently I care about how the pasted into document looks like, rather than
how the source I copied from is formatted...) And how do I stop the format of
the copied stuff from affecting the style of the document I paste into?
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

If you haven't disabled the Paste Options button (ToolsOptionsEdit - Show
Paste Options buttons) you can also take advantage of it - the little
Clipboard Icon that appears at the end of what you have pasted. Click the
button after you paste & choose from the options in the list.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones