Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
harriettbird

Default hyperlink to web page

I have a hyperlink to a web page in which the URL is very long. I don't want
the entire URL to display in my document. I right click on the hyperlink and
select edit and change the display name. When I do this, it cuts off part of
the URL so that it no longer works. If I don't try to change the display name
the URL works fine. Why does the URL change when the display name changes and
are there any workarounds?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

I have been trying to recreate the problem in Word 2003 (you don't mention
version) using the URL;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...rive%20-%20OEM

which I consider to be fairly long. I changed the Text to Display to simply
'HD' and it works just fine. Likewise, re-entering the display text as 'abc'
& changing it to 'xyz' worked just fine for each.

Is there something more you can provide about the situation?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones