Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wallace Wallace is offline

Default Page numbers following column change

I'm using Word 2007. In the long document on which I'm working, after
reformatting text on one page into three columns, the page number in the next
section following the columnar text insists on starting at page 1. This
despite formatting the page number in that following section to "continue
from the previous section." I have linked the two sections, but that seems
not to help, either. Suggestions, please. Thanks

Wallace
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Presuming the page numbers are in the Footer, it suggests that the footers
are corrupt. Deleting the footers and starting again should sort the
problem. Though start by taking a copy of the document and use SaveAs
choosing xml format. Close the document and then reopen it and SaveAs
choosing docx format again. That may remove the corruption.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP