Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Evi[_2_] Evi[_2_] is offline

Default File Permissions error when Mail Merging in Word 2007

I was using Office 2007 in Vista.
I put a table into a Word document and gave each column the name of a field
I wanted in my Mail Merge letter. I typed some data into the second row of
my table.

I saved the document in the My Date Source folder in Documents.

I created the letter I wanted to mail merge, I selected my word document
with the table as my data source, it seemed to be working.
But
When I tried to save it, it told me that I could not save it because of File
Permissions.

This is a machine with the user having Administrative rights. The My Data
Source folder is on that machine and not on a server.

I was only able to create a mail merge by using the Wizard and letting it
create a data source in Access (Outlook was not suitable for the type of
mailmerge which I was doing)

What went wrong?

Evi

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To save changes to the data source, open the Word document with the table
using FileOpen, make the changes and then save it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Evi" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Evi[_2_] Evi[_2_] is offline

Thanks Doug.
Does that mean that I can't enter my data while my Merge letter is open?

I was expecting to be able to do what I do in Word from Office2000 and even
Office XP- once I'd created my table in a document and set up my mailmerge
letter, connecting it to my doc. with the table, I could open my Merge
letter, press Edit Recipient List and a convenient form would open up.
Certainly easier to use than trying to type the data directly into a Word
table.

Evi

To save changes to the data source, open the Word document with the table
using FileOpen, make the changes and then save it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Evi" wrote in message
[...]

[...]