Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Default picture and mail merge

Using Word 2007, I would like to put a field on top of a picture in my mail
merge document. When I attempt this, the "insert merge field" is grayed out
and not available. Is it possible to do this? I am designing a form to
populate with my data and the original form was a pdf document that I then
converted to Word. The software basically pasted an image and I can't seem to
get my data on the page.

Sam
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try:
a. select the picture
b. right-click
c. select Text wrapping-behind text

With any luck you will then find that you can type text over the
picture, insert fields etc. etc.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Sam wrote:
Using Word 2007, I would like to put a field on top of a picture in my mail
merge document. When I attempt this, the "insert merge field" is grayed out
and not available. Is it possible to do this? I am designing a form to
populate with my data and the original form was a pdf document that I then
converted to Word. The software basically pasted an image and I can't seem to
get my data on the page.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sam Sam is offline

Thanks. That did it. Now the question is, I presume I have to put a textbox
on the page to put either text or field in it. But when I attempt to do this,
I can't seem to get it on top of the picture. Or at least I can't see the
box. THe picture property is behind text.

(I'm mostly an Access person looking at Word for reports to facilitate
emailing, etc.)

Sam wrote:
Using Word 2007, I would like to put a field on top of a picture in my mail
merge document. When I attempt this, the "insert merge field" is grayed out
and not available. Is it possible to do this? I am designing a form to
populate with my data and the original form was a pdf document that I then
converted to Word. The software basically pasted an image and I can't seem to
get my data on the page.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

A picture and the textbox are in the same "layer". Therefore, you cannot
have one on top of the other. Why do you need to use a textbox?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Sam wrote:
Using Word 2007, I would like to put a field on top of a picture in my
mail
merge document. When I attempt this, the "insert merge field" is grayed
out
and not available. Is it possible to do this? I am designing a form to
populate with my data and the original form was a pdf document that I
then
converted to Word. The software basically pasted an image and I can't
seem to
get my data on the page.

Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

No, imagine that the picture is simply not there. Any text you type will
be laid out as if it is on a blank piece of paper - put the text and
fields where you need them, and use standard Word features to adjust the
layout. If you need fields to be in specific places (to fits the
"spaces" on the form), I suggest you try to use Word tables to do the
layout, or perhaps (not sure it will work here) old-style Word "frames"
- go to Word Office button-Word Options-Customize, select Choose
commands from: All commands, then locate Insert Horizontal frame and
drag it to the QAT.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk