Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pamela818 Pamela818 is offline

Default Mail Merge File Labels

Hi,

It is really hard to believe that no one on the internet has ever had my
teensy problem. But after many hours of searching, what I'm really afraid of
is that there is no solution. Yuk.

I have 1 1/3 x 4 in. file labels by Avery (8162). I only want the name and
birth date to print on one line. (Large labels needed to cover files I'll be
re-using).

I simply can't get the line to print at the next to last line on the label.
It looks right on screen but prints in the center of the label every time.

If Mail Merge ONLY does addresses - do you know of a program that will help
me do labels with only one line of text? I have 1,260 names in an Excel file
just waiting for the answer.

Thank you very much - even if the answer is 'no way', at least I'll be able
to move on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pamela818 Pamela818 is offline

Hello again ~

Found the solution from the answer to another's question.

Thanks for being here.

Pamela

"Pamela818" wrote:

Hi,

It is really hard to believe that no one on the internet has ever had my
teensy problem. But after many hours of searching, what I'm really afraid of
is that there is no solution. Yuk.

I have 1 1/3 x 4 in. file labels by Avery (8162). I only want the name and
birth date to print on one line. (Large labels needed to cover files I'll be
re-using).

I simply can't get the line to print at the next to last line on the label.
It looks right on screen but prints in the center of the label every time.

If Mail Merge ONLY does addresses - do you know of a program that will help
me do labels with only one line of text? I have 1,260 names in an Excel file
just waiting for the answer.

Thank you very much - even if the answer is 'no way', at least I'll be able
to move on.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Labels are just tables with cells have fixed dimensions to suit the
particular type of label that you are using.

First thing to do is turn on the display of gridlines so that you can see
where your mergefields are with respect to the cell boundaries. Unless you
have deleted it, by default, there will be a carriage return after the line
containing the mergefields (Check by turning on the display of non-printing
characters by clicking on the Show/Hide (ΒΆ) button. If that is still there,
and you want the text on the next to last line, all you would have to do is
select the whole table and then right click and from the short cut menu that
appears, click on the Cell Alignment item and then select the desired icon
from the bottom row of icons that appear (Bottom Left, Bottom Centre, Bottom
Right).
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.