Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Margaret Bartley[_3_] Margaret Bartley[_3_] is offline

Default Multiple copies of graphics in output

I'm not sure if this is an Outlook issue or a Word issue, but I've already
tried the Outlook forum, so I'll try he

Sometimes, when I send a MailMerge email that contains graphics, some
recipients view the email through a webmail account, and the graphics show
up as attachments, rather than in the body of the text.

That's OK, but what is not OK is that there may be two or three copies of
the same graphic. I'll put two grahics on the page, but there may be four
or five attachments. It just looks sloppy - multiple versions of the same
image.

Is there any way I can clean this up before I do the mail merge? Is Word
storing multiple copies of some grahics internally in the document, and
sending them all out?

I can't do anything to make this predictably replicable, but it happens
fairly regularly, and it seems that it happens to everyone, but I'm not
sure, I haven't polled everyone. It's just that the few that I can look at
are all the same.

I'm using Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Not sure this is relevant but nothing else I have tried affects this: if
you go to Word Tools-Options-general-Email options, is the HTML
Filtering option set to None? What if you try Medium (or if it is set to
Medium, try High) ?

I do seem to get more spurious attachments when filtering is set to
None, because I think Word is trying to send some of the "supporting
files" it generates when it saves as HTML, uses additinal MIME parts to
do so, and the client application is unlikely to understand what they
are for. In that case, I guess you may also get additional copies of the
images in some cases.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk