Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Susanr5416 Susanr5416 is offline

Default remove data file from a merge document template

I use several self-created templates to merge data. I would like to save
these templates without the data file associated, choosing new data each time
I use the template.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Changing the type of document to a Normal Word document will detach the data
source form tbe mail merge main document, but the merge fields themselves
will remain in the document for use when you attach a new data source. It
is not really necessary however as all you have to do is select a new data
source and it will automatically replace the old one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

news