Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Benny_G Benny_G is offline

Default Mailmerge to Outlook to include Macros in Email

I'm starting up a customer relations program for my small business, and I
want to send out surveys to about 600 people a month. I have macros just for
the check boxes (yes or no). I want to mailmerge the survey letter and
questions into outlook without using attachments. When I use attachments,
everyhting works fine. But to increase response, I want to make it easy for
the customers by letting them click reply, check the boxes that apply, and
then click send . When I send out the letters, the user cannot click on the
check boxes in the message. They can however click on the boxes in the
attachments. But that requires them to save the document, attach the
document to their reply email, and send (more steps equals more complications
and less feedback). I am using Word and Outlook 2003.

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but I figured I would see what ya'll
think since your advice on macros and attachments has really been a help so
far.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Better to use an Outlook Form for your surveys.

See the tutorial at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...106101033.aspx

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Benny_G via OfficeKB.com Benny_G via OfficeKB.com is offline

Thanks for the quick reply. I must say that it is extremelely confusing to
do this though. I am having problems receiving my completed surveys. My new
Outlook survey delivers, and the customers can fill them out. The problem
occurs after the recipient clicks reply, the survey they filled out is lost.
Also, when you preview the message, everything is blank, even though there is
a message in there. However you open the message in a new window and voila,
my custom form and message are there (not a big deal, just kind of annoying).

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Better to use an Outlook Form for your surveys.

See the tutorial at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...106101033.aspx

I'm starting up a customer relations program for my small business, and I
want to send out surveys to about 600 people a month. I have macros just

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
so
far.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Benny_G via OfficeKB.com Benny_G via OfficeKB.com is offline

Didn't see the last part of your message. It was hidden by the signature.
Thanks

Benny_G wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I must say that it is extremelely confusing to
do this though. I am having problems receiving my completed surveys. My new
Outlook survey delivers, and the customers can fill them out. The problem
occurs after the recipient clicks reply, the survey they filled out is lost.
Also, when you preview the message, everything is blank, even though there is
a message in there. However you open the message in a new window and voila,
my custom form and message are there (not a big deal, just kind of annoying).

Better to use an Outlook Form for your surveys.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
so
far.