Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
yaro137 yaro137 is offline

Default Creating place cards in Word 2003

I tried using mail merge to create place cards but failed. I have
a .txt and .xls files with the list of guests but after I choose
external data source and import my list in whichever format, although
I can see all the names on that list they're not being placed on my
labels. I must be doing something wrong but not sure what would that
be. I followed the steps from
http://www.perfecttableplan.com/html...es_in_word.htm
Also, as I would like my place cards standing so I'm splitting the A4
sheet into 6 fields and so the names must be placed on a squarish
piece of paper which is then going to be bent in the middle so the
names must be placed on all the place cards in the bottom third of
each field. I can't see a way of automatically placing the cursor
there for each of the fields. Can someone help please?
erick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I tried using mail merge to create place cards but failed. I have
a .txt and .xls files with the list of guests but after I choose
external data source and import my list in whichever format, although
I can see all the names on that list they're not being placed on my
labels. I must be doing something wrong but not sure what would that
be. I followed the steps from
http://www.perfecttableplan.com/html...es_in_word.htm

For this part, you'll probably be better off following Graham Mayor's
instructions at either

(for Word XP and 2003)

or

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

(for Word 2007).

If you are using Word 2000 or earlier, the ones you had before should
get you somewhere.

See how you get on with that, and tell us where you get stuck, if
anywhere. And let us know which version of Word you are using!

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk