Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Craigm Craigm is offline

Default Mailmerge labels excel 07 to word 07

,Having trouble merging an excel 07 spreadsheet with four columns, 205
records to labels in word 07. works ok through page layout. I have selected
avery 5161 (20 labels to a page) as the label type. After selecting my
recipient document a page is populated except for the top left corner with
Next Record at each label start. I place my field names in the first
label. When use 'Update labels' only the top and bottom rows are filled in.
Completing the merge all the way through printing, still only prints labels
at each corner instead of the 20 / sheet. After reading other problems here I
have tried copying my data source to new spreadsheet, copying to a word table
nothing changes. Copy and paste the labels from the first row to other rows
doesn't work either. Any ideas out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are using a Tablet PC.

If so, see the Knowledge Base article at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/898630

A workaround for the problem is included.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Craigm" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
someotherbob someotherbob is offline

Hi,

I've tried the KB workaround on a touch PC on both Vista and Win7. On my
input panel, there is no Func button to get the soft keyboard to display
funtion keys. So I can't touch F6 and complete the workaround.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Bob

"Craigm" wrote: