Hans H.

Default Spelling check in Word not functioning "not enough memory"

Hello,

On a machine running Windows 2000 SP3 I have next problem when trying to run
the spelling checker in MS Word 97 SR -2.

When the spelling checker is activated next message is displayed "There is
not enough memory or disk space to run the grammar checker".

I am sure the problem is not the memory nor the diskspace.

Any help appreciated.

thanks in advance for your reply.
--
Hans H.
The Netherlands
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGFucyBILg==?=,

On a machine running Windows 2000 SP3 I have next problem when trying to run
the spelling checker in MS Word 97 SR -2.

When the spelling checker is activated next message is displayed "There is
not enough memory or disk space to run the grammar checker".

I am sure the problem is not the memory nor the diskspace.

When Word displays this message, it usually means it doesn't have enough space
in its allocated scratch and temp files. Try deleting the contents of your TEMP
folder, and any ~*.* and *.tmp files in the folders where the documents reside
with which you work (while Word is not running, of course).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)