Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Desperate

Default page width

suddenly new word documents are not allowing me to type in the full width
between margins. Paper is set to A4 and margins and tabs are in correct
place, but I have a blank wide band in which I cannot type.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

In FormatParagraph, look for a Left and/or Right Indentation (on the
Indents and Spacing tab). Set both of these to zero.

Another thing to consider: If you are tracking changes (or inserting
comments) in Word 2002/2003, Word may shrink the text to allow room
for the so-called balloons. In Word 2003 there is an option to turn
off balloons (on the Track Changes tab of ToolsOptions).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP