Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tomas Tomas is offline

Default While writing text, can a custom key input (e.g. '?') starts a macro?

Hi,

When a user writes a document in word, every time the user presses
'?' on the keyboard I would like a macro to start, is this
possible?

The macro will be running without the user knows about it.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated,

Tomas

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Tomas,

When a user writes a document in word, every time the user presses
'?' on the keyboard I would like a macro to start, is this
possible?

It's possible, but it would require a macro to set it up. You may
want to pursue this in a macro-oriented group: word.vba.general

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tomas Tomas is offline

Cindy,

Your right, it should have been posted in
'microsoft.public.word.vba.general'. I figured out a solution through.

If anyone stumble on the same dilemma, here is the solution:

KeyBindings.Add KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyPeriod),
KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryCommand, Command:="subname"
KeyBindings.ClearAll

Best regards,

Tomas Nordlander

Cindy M. wrote:

Hi Tomas,

When a user writes a document in word, every time the user presses
'?' on the keyboard I would like a macro to start, is this
possible?

It's possible, but it would require a macro to set it up. You may
want to pursue this in a macro-oriented group: word.vba.general

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17
2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Creating dynamic cross reference links in a Word document torajudo Microsoft Word Help 5 April 27th 23 08:57 PM
Two rows per row? Ed Sheehan Tables 8 December 20th 06 07:34 PM
What is the best way to set up this kind of formatting? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 11 November 16th 06 11:40 PM
Arcane Question @ Text Boxes & "Frames" Elmer Page Layout 12 August 14th 06 08:34 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM