Yvonne Scott

Default how can I assign an icon on my toolbar to access my macro

I have made a macro (to create a table). It is used quite often, so I would
like to assign the macro an icon for my toolbar, instead of having it taking
up half my toolbar with the text "Normal.NewMacros.Table1".

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

CyberTaz

Hi Yvonne-

Assuming you have the macro on the toolbar already, go back into
ToolsCustomize (if not, drag it to a toolbar first). Right-click the macro
button on your toolbar & choose 'Change Button Image', pick an icon, then
rt-click it again & choose Text Only (in Menus).

HTH |:)

"Yvonne Scott" wrote:

I have made a macro (to create a table). It is used quite often, so I would
like to assign the macro an icon for my toolbar, instead of having it taking
up half my toolbar with the text "Normal.NewMacros.Table1".

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

CyberTaz

Actually, it's a matter of personal preference, I guess :0)

IMHO, inclusion of Icons in menus is a redundant eyesore. Especially in the
case of Custom Icons which typically bear no resemblance to the comands they
represent and can sometimes be confusing &/or misleading.

Regards |:)

"Yvonne Scott" wrote:

I have made a macro (to create a table). It is used quite often, so I

would
like to assign the macro an icon for my toolbar, instead of having it

taking
up half my toolbar with the text "Normal.NewMacros.Table1".

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

But the OP wanted a toolbar button with an icon instead of text, so "Default
Style" is the necessary answer here.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Actually, the choice you want to make is not "Text Only" but "Default,"
which displays an icon on a toolbar and an icon and text on a menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Yvonne Scott" wrote:

I have made a macro (to create a table). It is used quite often, so

would
like to assign the macro an icon for my toolbar, instead of having

it
taking
up half my toolbar with the text "Normal.NewMacros.Table1".

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

How to link or embed objects in Word

I wanted to respond to your mention of "so 'Normal.NewMacros.Table1' won't
take up half the toolbar." You do know you should always delete everything,
except the macro name (Normal.NewMacros), so it will simply display as
Table1. It remembers the rest.
--
madamx

"Yvonne Scott" wrote:

I have made a macro (to create a table). It is used quite often, so I would
like to assign the macro an icon for my toolbar, instead of having it taking
up half my toolbar with the text "Normal.NewMacros.Table1".

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it. :-)

Tony Jollans

Actually you can change the text to anything you like - it remembers the
name of the macro separately - so changing it to, perhaps, T would work (and
be as small as an icon)

--
Enjoy,
Tony