Dave Turner

Default Find in Field Issue

Hi,
Not an expert user however:

I have a Large Mail Merge Document which I need to be able to search by
field.

When I select Find In Field and enter the search string and then select the
Field_Name it does not get found.

This funtion worked fine in previous versions of Word and now using Word
2003 it appears not to function correctly.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Dave,

When I select Find In Field and enter the search string and then select the
Field_Name it does not get found.

This funtion worked fine in previous versions of Word and now using Word
2003 it appears not to function correctly.

The "Find" functionality did not work correctly prior to Word 2002, in that
you couldn't execute the mail merge (or use any of the tools) until you did a
search that came up with an invalid result. If you were NOT seeing this
behavior in Word 2000, then you must have been using a third-party tool
(macro). Macro code written for Word 2000 will not work in Word 2002/2003
because the command has been changed (and is now broken for VBA). The internal
"Find" command, however, should now work correctly.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

LovePanda

Hi Cindy, I am experiencing this issue and am definitely using the
built-in find entry function.

I have created a new document and database of only 5 fields and the
find entry does not find any entries searched for...

Any suggestions???

Hi Dave,