lynn atkinson

Default date field format

I am working on a mail merge with an Access database as a data source. I want
the date on the merged letter to be in long date format ie wednesday 23 March
2005 and the time to be displayed in short format ie 14:00. I have formatted
the fields in the database to be such and the tables display in that format,
however when I complete the merge the date is displayed as 23/3/05 and the
time is 10:00:00.
How do I get the formats displayed as I require.

Greg

Try this switch in your mergefie

{ Mergefield YourField \@ "dddd, dd MMMM yyyy hh:mm"}

lynn atkinson

thanks
I have put this in place for the date and it works well. However, I have a
time field which is separate and although I have put the switch \@hh:mm in
place, it is showing the time 15:00 in the database as 03:00 in the merged
document. How do I get it to translate the 24hr clock times?

"Greg" wrote:

Try this switch in your mergefie

{ Mergefield YourField \@ "dddd, dd MMMM yyyy hh:mm"}

macropod

hi Lynn,

It's as simple as changing 'hh' to 'HH':
{ Mergefield YourField \@ "dddd, dd MMMM yyyy HH:mm"}

Cheers