nash

Default input user value

i was wondering if (using macros) i can get a popup window on the screen
which opens as soon as a word doco is opened, which allows me to fill in data
in to a field which will be inserted into the document.
i had seen this been done on an apa format template ages ago and i couldnt
seem to find the template anymore...
for eg:

Doco opens..
Popup window: please insert Client name- "jon doe"

Now let Name$="Jon Doe"
so in the doco where there is Name$ there"jon doe" will pop up...

Dear Name$,
blah blah blah blah blah................ and thats what
Name$ thniks of himself.

Doug Robbins

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.