Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aceychasing

Default Word 2003 form validation - is it backward compatible?

I have a form created in Word 2003. Others with Word 2003 can opne the form
and validate it and send it back. People not using 2003 can open and fill out
the form but when they click validate nothing happens. No pop up box shwoing
fields not filled out and no yellow highlighting to show fields that need to
be completed.

Should I make the form in a different version of word or is there something
I can do to make it useable for older version of word users?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YWNleWNoYXNpbmc=?=,

I have a form created in Word 2003. Others with Word 2003 can opne the form
and validate it and send it back. People not using 2003 can open and fill out
the form but when they click validate nothing happens. No pop up box shwoing
fields not filled out and no yellow highlighting to show fields that need to
be completed.

Should I make the form in a different version of word or is there something
I can do to make it useable for older version of word users?

Since you don't explain how the form was built, how the validation works, nor
show us the code you're using, it's impossible to even guess. In addition,
you're asking this in an end-user newsgroup, which means you're limiting the
number of people who might be able to help you.

Repost your question in one of the word.vba newsgroups with more details about
how the form is constructed and how the validation is built. If NO macro
functionality is occurring, I'd check the Macro Security settings on the
installations where it's not working...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org