Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ralph Poole

Default Word 2007 can't open the thesaurus

When I start up the recently loaded version of Word 2007 beta, I get the
following message: "Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows
Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are
currently installed."

I have no idea what this means nor how to correct whatever problem is
involved. I did uninstall the new version of Office and I ran detect and
repair. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

You uninstalled 2007, ran the 2003 detect and repair feature, and then
what? Did you reinstall 2007?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Ralph Poole" wrote in message
:

When I start up the recently loaded version of Word 2007 beta, I get the
following message: "Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows
Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are
currently installed."

I have no idea what this means nor how to correct whatever problem is
involved. I did uninstall the new version of Office and I ran detect and
repair. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ralph Poole

When I upgraded, the installer removed Word 2003. I found that Word 2007 did
not load the thesaurus. I ran detect and repair. No improvement. I
reinstalled Office 2007 and Word still can not connect to the thesaurus.

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

You uninstalled 2007, ran the 2003 detect and repair feature, and then
what? Did you reinstall 2007?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Ralph Poole" wrote in message
:

When I start up the recently loaded version of Word 2007 beta, I get the
following message: "Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows
Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are
currently installed."

I have no idea what this means nor how to correct whatever problem is
involved. I did uninstall the new version of Office and I ran detect and
repair. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

What error message do you get?

Patrick Schmid
--------------

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

You uninstalled 2007, ran the 2003 detect and repair feature, and then
what? Did you reinstall 2007?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Ralph Poole" wrote in message
:

When I start up the recently loaded version of Word 2007 beta, I get the
following message: "Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows
Installer error 1605. This action is only valid for products that are
currently installed."

I have no idea what this means nor how to correct whatever problem is
involved. I did uninstall the new version of Office and I ran detect and
repair. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid

This might help:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108474

I'd remove 2007 completely, also 2003. Then use the Windows Installer
Clean Utility and remove anything that looks like it could be from
Office 2003 or 2007 (it should say Office in the name). See the webpage
for a link to the tool.
Then reinstall 2007.

Patrick Schmid