Guy Wescott

Default Bookmark Return

I have set up a document in WORD 2003 using bookmarks to link throughout the
document. I think I can best explain my difficulty by example. I have a
table of contents set up and the first heading or title is called Condensers.
When I click on Condensers, I am taken to the page within the document to an
underlined bookmark named Condensers. When I hit the return arrow above in
the tool bar I return to the original cursor position in the table of
contents to the heading called Condenser. When I click on any other heading
in the table of contents or anywhere else within the document I am taken to
the correct bookmark but always return to the heading called Condensers. If
I close the document and re-open it, whichever link I click on first is the
one I always return to. At this time I am unable to return from the bookmark
to the original cursor position within the document from which I initiated
the link. Does anyone have suggestions as to how to correct this?

Well, first of all, you don't need to insert all those bookmarks to create a
linked TOC; Word does this for you automatically in Word 2003 when you
Insert | Reference | Table of Contents; every TOC entry is a hyperlink to
the correct page. You can display the Web toolbar and use the Back button to
return to the TOC, or (provided you are not using TC fields), you can use
the Go to TOC button that you can add to a toolbar from Tools | Customize.

"Guy Wescott" Guy wrote in message
[...]

Guy Wescott

Dear Ms. Barhill,

Gees, you would think I could not write in my native language. Let me see
if I can get it right this time.

Thank you for your response, it was quite helpful.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Oh, I don't know. I thought "help helpful" was sort of cute. And FWIW, I
type very much the same sort of garbage in NG posts every day (one reason I
prefer not to read my own posts). g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, first of all, you don't need to insert all those bookmarks to

create a
linked TOC; Word does this for you automatically in Word 2003 when you
Insert | Reference | Table of Contents; every TOC entry is a hyperlink

the correct page. You can display the Web toolbar and use the Back

button to
return to the TOC, or (provided you are not using TC fields), you can

use
the Go to TOC button that you can add to a toolbar from Tools |

Customize.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.