Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaholy kaholy is offline

Default How can others view a master document on a different computer?

I have created a master document on my computer and want to email it to my
client for their review. What do I need to do so that they will be able to
open it without getting error messages about the subdocuments not being
available? Basically I want to "freeze" the document as it is now for them
to review. I tried to convert it to a PDF but, although it appears to be
creating a pdf document it is never where I've saved it. (I've tried 3 times.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Solving the PDF problem will be easier. It *is* where you saved it (although
you might well be confused about where that is)...

To send the original Master document, you'll also need to send all the
component documents.

"kaholy" wrote in message
I have created a master document on my computer and want to email it to my
client for their review. What do I need to do so that they will be able
open it without getting error messages about the subdocuments not being
available? Basically I want to "freeze" the document as it is now for
them
to review. I tried to convert it to a PDF but, although it appears to be
creating a pdf document it is never where I've saved it. (I've tried 3
times.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaholy kaholy is offline

Actually, I did a search on my entire computer and the PDF had NOT been
created. Opening up Adobe Acrobat and using Create a PDF to create the
document didn't work. However, I was able to use Print to PDF from Word to
generate a PDF document.

"kaholy" wrote in message
I have created a master document on my computer and want to email it to my
client for their review. What do I need to do so that they will be able
open it without getting error messages about the subdocuments not being
available? Basically I want to "freeze" the document as it is now for
them
to review. I tried to convert it to a PDF but, although it appears to be
creating a pdf document it is never where I've saved it. (I've tried 3
times.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

My guess is you've created your PDFs into a hidden folder -- these aren't
included when you do a search.

"kaholy" wrote in message
I have created a master document on my computer and want to email it to
my
client for their review. What do I need to do so that they will be
able
open it without getting error messages about the subdocuments not being
available? Basically I want to "freeze" the document as it is now for
them
to review. I tried to convert it to a PDF but, although it appears to
be
creating a pdf document it is never where I've saved it. (I've tried 3
times.)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There was something that *may* (or maybe not) be similar over in the Pub
newsgroup this week. I was helping a woman with creating .pdf files and it
would ignore the master pages, which contained information she needed on the
final files. She was using the PDF toolbar button. No matter what her
settings were, it was ignoring her master pages. I had her do a File -
Print - and select the PDF driver and it worked just fine.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]