Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K Estabrook K Estabrook is offline

Default Page count in menu bar went away and I need it back.

Hi,
My Word documents suddenly don't display the page count in the lower left
corner. I'm not referring to page numbering within the document, but rather
the page count in the Word menu bar, to tell you where you are within a long
document.

So if, for example, I need to print the current page, how do I know what
page I'm on? Until this morning I've always seen something line "page 25 of
80" in the lower left.

I imagine I must have turned this feature off by accident, with a keyboard
command, but I can't find any information about it in the Help.

If you can tell me how to get it back I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,
K. Estabrook
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emily Emily is offline

Try this:
To display the status bar (which is what you're talking about), click
Options on the Tools menu, click the View tab, and then select the Status bar
check box under Show.

"K Estabrook" wrote:

Hi,
My Word documents suddenly don't display the page count in the lower left
corner. I'm not referring to page numbering within the document, but rather
the page count in the Word menu bar, to tell you where you are within a long
document.

So if, for example, I need to print the current page, how do I know what
page I'm on? Until this morning I've always seen something line "page 25 of
80" in the lower left.

I imagine I must have turned this feature off by accident, with a keyboard
command, but I can't find any information about it in the Help.

If you can tell me how to get it back I'll be very grateful.

Thanks,
K. Estabrook

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure you're not in Web Layout view. If you're in Normal view, make sure
that "Background repagination" is enabled (Tools | Options | General) and
that you don't have "Draft font" or "Wrap to window" enabled (Tools |
Options | View).