Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ohio4putt Ohio4putt is offline

Default How to prevent exiting program when closing document?

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference that can
be changed to prevent this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It only exits if you use the X in the top corner to close the document. Use
CTRL+F4 or add the Close command to the QAT and use that instead..

Ohio4putt wrote:
When there is only one document open in Word and that document is
closed, it automatically exits the program. Is there an option or
preference that can be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Teddy44 Teddy44 is offline

The program exits whether I hit the "X" close button, or go to the File drop
down menu and hit "close", rather than "exit".

"Ohio4putt" wrote:

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference that can
be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surbain surbain is offline

Teddy44 did you find out an answer to your question? We are having the same
problem with Word 2003.

"Ohio4putt" wrote:

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference that can
be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried Ctrl+F4?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ohio4putt" wrote:

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is
closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference that
can
be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
surbain surbain is offline

Thank you very much, that worked!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried Ctrl+F4?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ohio4putt" wrote:

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is
closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference that
can
be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"surbain" wrote in message
Thank you very much, that worked!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried Ctrl+F4?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ohio4putt" wrote:

When there is only one document open in Word and that document is
closed, it
automatically exits the program. Is there an option or preference
that
can
be changed to prevent this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SusanB SusanB is offline

If I use CTRL F4 to close my last open document, Word doesn't close
immediately, but if I leave Word to work in other programs, eventually it
does close in the background (i.e., won't be there when I want to go back to
it). Any way to stop this?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

I'm glad I could help.

--