Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maggie Maggie is offline

Default How do I insert the pathway or file name in a footer

on Word 2007 how do you insert a file name or pathway into a footer?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a filename field. Use the \p switch to include the path.

Press Ctrl+F9 to insert field delimiters {}

Type filename \p between the field delimiters.

Press F9

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Maggie" wrote in message
on Word 2007 how do you insert a file name or pathway into a footer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...002951033.aspx

http://word.mvps.org

"Maggie" wrote in message
on Word 2007 how do you insert a file name or pathway into a footer?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Alternatively, 'Alt-i', then 'f' gets you to the Insert|Field (Insert|Quick Parts|Field in Word 2007) dialogue box, from which you
can select the FILENAME field and its various switches.

--
Cheers
macropod