Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy W Andy W is offline

Default 'No such interface supported' when I mail merge HTML doc to email

Hi - I have Office 2003 Pro, SP2 etc; when I create an email in Word and mail
merge to Email as HTML I get an error 'No such interface supported'. I can't
find any help for this. Plain text works ok, but I really need HTML.

Can anyone help please?

Andy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you merging to the full Outlook, or something else (it is worth checking
in IE Tools|Internet Options|Programs to see which program is set up as your
default)?

Peter Jamieson

"Andy W" wrote in message
Hi - I have Office 2003 Pro, SP2 etc; when I create an email in Word and
mail
merge to Email as HTML I get an error 'No such interface supported'. I
can't
find any help for this. Plain text works ok, but I really need HTML.

Can anyone help please?

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy W Andy W is offline

Default 'No such interface supported' when I mail merge HTML doc to em

Peter

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using Outlook 2003 as part of the Office
2003 Pro suite.

Andy

"Andy W" wrote in message
Hi - I have Office 2003 Pro, SP2 etc; when I create an email in Word and
mail
merge to Email as HTML I get an error 'No such interface supported'. I
can't
find any help for this. Plain text works ok, but I really need HTML.

Can anyone help please?

Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, not sure about this because merge to HTML seems to work on some systems
(e.g. here) and not others. Merging to HTML does use a MAPI interface that
other methods do not use, but usually the problem does not pop up as an
error in the way you describe.

It could be something to do with the way MAPI (and in particularl the MAPI
DLLs have been installed. Maybe you could check the date & version of
MAPI32.DLL in your SYSTEM32 folder (e.g. in c:\Windows\system32). For
example, mine is dated 31 Mar 2003, version 1.0.2536.0 . Could you also see
if there is a file in there called MAPISTUB.DLL ?

Not sure this is going to get us anywhere but it's probably worth checking
this stuff.

Peter Jamieson