Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glenn glenn is offline

Default GPO/ADM - Word 2003 - Files Location missing config

Hi,

I manage almost of my users configuration with the GPO (Group Policies). I
want to set all options of Word 2003 configuration with this way.

I found a very interesting option that was for FILE LOCATION that can set
path for Word... but one option is missing.

The NORMAL.DOT file location is set by the User Model folder. I didn't find
this folder in the ADM file ??? I can found the Documents, Startup, Clipart,
.... but not the User Model.

NOTE: I use the AMD files from Office 2003 SP3 Ress. Kit package (latest
version)

Do you know if a patch or an update exist to add this option ?

If the answer is NO, do you know if this option could be added manually in a
home-made ADM file ? If YES, I only need the REGISTRY VALUE for this option.

I checked in the registry to know how these keys are made, it's very easy.
For exemple, the startup file location is:

key: STARTUP-PATH
kind: REG_EXPAND_SZ
value: U:\Config\Word\Startup

-----------------------------

I tried to create my own key for the User Model option... but my key name
not seem to be valid.

key: MODEL-PATH
kind: REG_EXPAND_SZ
value: U:\Config\Word\Model

Like you can see... the only thing that I need is the NAME of this key to
manage it by GPO, but it's not an easy task to find something that I didn't
know the name !

Regards,

Glenn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
glenn glenn is offline

Hi,

Sorry for my mistake about the folder name. I translate from french version...

It's not "User Model" but "Templates" that I talk about !

Anyway, I found my answer. This option is not in Word ADM file, but in
Office ADM file !!!