Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajesh R Rajesh R is offline

Default Dcom config settings for Microsoft Word 2002

Whenever I log into the dcom config application and try and change the
properties for Microsoft Word - it says the operation completed successfully.

It does not let me change the properties for my MS Word application - MS
Word 2002 installed on the machine.

What am i missing here?

Many Thanks

Rajesh

PS: which forum should I use?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

You're missing write permission to the System section of the registry by the
sounds of things. What user permissions are you logged in with? You need
local admin rights...

Either "programming", "application customisation" or "application errors"
would probably be a better forum than this for that question.

Cheers

On 14/1/07 4:29 AM, in article
, "Rajesh R"
wrote:

Whenever I log into the dcom config application and try and change the
properties for Microsoft Word - it says the operation completed successfully.

It does not let me change the properties for my MS Word application - MS
Word 2002 installed on the machine.

What am i missing here?

Many Thanks

Rajesh

PS: which forum should I use?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
I can't find a free, word 2002 download Gradius16493 New Users 16 November 12th 05 07:13 AM