Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajesh R Rajesh R is offline

Default DCOM config and Microsoft Word 2002

Whenever I log into the dcom config application (dcomcnfg.exe) and try and
change the properties for Microsoft Word - it says the operation completed
successfully.

It does not let me change the properties for my MS Word application - MS
Word 2002 installed on the machine.

Please help

Rajesh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajesh R Rajesh R is offline

Hello John,

I have administrative rights on the machine. Could you be specific about
which rights need tweaking and where?

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Same answer I gave you on Sunday...

On 15/1/07 8:35 PM, in article
, "Rajesh R"
wrote:

Whenever I log into the dcom config application (dcomcnfg.exe) and try and
change the properties for Microsoft Word - it says the operation completed
successfully.

It does not let me change the properties for my MS Word application - MS
Word 2002 installed on the machine.

Please help

Rajesh

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rajesh R Rajesh R is offline

Yes John I have verified that - I have administrative rights on the machine.
Could you be a bit more specific about which secuirt / rights need to be
changed?

Thanks
Rajesh

wrote:

Whenever I log into the dcom config application (dcomcnfg.exe) and try and
change the properties for Microsoft Word - it says the operation completed
successfully.

It does not let me change the properties for my MS Word application - MS
Word 2002 installed on the machine.

Please help

Rajesh

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi Rajesh:

I assume you've read this one? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288367

If so, you will note that I have cross-posted to a more appropriate group
where the experts live. This is outside my area of expertise...

Cheers

On 16/1/07 10:41 PM, in article
, "Rajesh R"