Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Roger Tregelles Roger Tregelles is offline

Default Formula for number of days elapsed?

Hi Folks,

I have a word document with a table that I use to track open reports. In one
of the columns I have the date the report was issued and in another column I
report the aging of the report by manually calculating the number of days
from the date the report was issued to the current date. I would like to use
a formula like you can do so in Excel to do this automatically. I assumed I
would use a formula like this: NOW() - H2. However when I tried that I got a
syntax error. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong in constructing this
formula? Also, is there a easy way to tell what cell you are currently
working in? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Roger Tregelles
Quality Assurance Engineer
Respironics Inc.