Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glenn

Default conditional merging

I am trying to create a directory.

The directory will contain everyone's name and address.

It will contain their phone number only if they have given permission to me
to include it.

So, I have an access database that contains all the information.

I have a phone number for everyone.

I have a field entitled "Print Phone Number"

What I want to do is something like If Print Phone Number = "Y" then show
the number from the "PhoneNumber" field, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

{ IF { MERGEFIELD "Print Phone Number" } = "Y" "{ MERGEFIELD "Phone
Number" }"
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
}
"Glenn" wrote in message
I am trying to create a directory.

The directory will contain everyone's name and address.

It will contain their phone number only if they have given permission to
me
to include it.

So, I have an access database that contains all the information.

I have a phone number for everyone.

I have a field entitled "Print Phone Number"

What I want to do is something like If Print Phone Number = "Y" then show
the number from the "PhoneNumber" field, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Glenn

I tried to copy this and paste it (after press Alt F9 to display the codes),
but it shows up as text, not as a merge code.
"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...