Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
D. Attyberry D. Attyberry is offline

Default Can I send a fax with Word without an outside acct?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you have a traditional modem (not a broadband modem) or e.g. a
multifunction printer that can fax, and a version of Windows that knows how
to use it (e.g. not Vista Home AIUI) then you can usually fax by printing to
the fax device in Windows or the fax device on the multifunction printer.
This uses a traditional phone connection (not your broadband link) so you
would typically have to pay whatever the phone call would cost. Using
traditional modems and broadband on the same line at the same time /may/
also cause problems for some.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk