Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Ed is offline

Default Mail Merge Attachment Compile Error

I've spent two days reading Doug's very helpful posts but can't get past this
error; "Compile error: User-defined type not defined" with the "Dim
oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application" line being highlighted in the macro.
I have Microsoft Office Oulook checked in the References Table for both Word
and Outlook. It is not the first in line but I can't uncheck the others in
front of it and I can't move it up in the priority list. I also checked the
registry settings discussed in Article ID :918792

Help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What version of Word are your using? In Office 2007, the name of the
library is Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library. Are you sure that it is
the Object Library to which you have set the reference and not some other
Outlook entry that may be in the list.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ed" wrote in message
I've spent two days reading Doug's very helpful posts but can't get past
this
error; "Compile error: User-defined type not defined" with the "Dim
oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application" line being highlighted in the macro.
I have Microsoft Office Oulook checked in the References Table for both
Word
and Outlook. It is not the first in line but I can't uncheck the others in
front of it and I can't move it up in the priority list. I also checked
the
registry settings discussed in Article ID :918792

Help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ed Ed is offline

I'm using 2003. I figured out the problem. I assumed that if I checked the
box in the Reference table once, I was okay for all Word documents. In my
machine at least, perhaps everyones, I had to go back and check it for any
Word document that I had open including the new mail merged document. Thanks
for the assist.